Nuffnang

Monday 6 December 2010

Why Blog? Why not?

I've long wondered about blogging but have not had the time or inclination to do it.

Today I am answering a compulsion that I can't seem to ignore and have spent the afternoon thinking about what to call my blog and what my unique perspective is.

So what to blog about?  I guess the best way to start is where you live, so I will be writing about my life and the people in it (this will horrify my husband!!!).  I have always been an avid player of the Glad Game as described in Eleanor H. Porter's Pollyanna. It comes naturally to me and drives others mental at times, but I'm sure it has often been the fine line between sanity and insanity in challenging times, and I am starting to see the light at the end of a very long tunnel of, well lets just call it "interesting times" for Hubby and I.  Perhaps I'm starting this blog to draw a line in the sand so I can put it behind me.  I feel blogging is so very self indulgent! 

My unique perspective? Me! I feel proud (and amazed) that Hubby and I have managed to come through the last 5 years of business implosions, death threats, embezzlement (victim not perpetrator), total financial ruin, family scandals & feuds, lots of IVF, the birth of our 2 boys, loss of a parent (his) to cancer and a nephew with a grapfruit sized brain tumour at 7 (removed and doing well) amoung many other things you would never believe, with our relationship fairly well unscathed.

Being positive is my goal. Spreading a little sunshine and no doubt, lots of silliness across the Internet is my plan to achieve it.

Welcome to my world! It's usually a wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read them all and try very hard to reply.