Nuffnang

Thursday 19 May 2011

What exactly does the gift of a chilli dog say?

(and when is it appropriate, if ever?)

Chilli Dog
Continential Viennese smoked frankfurts served with freshly cooked
spicy chilli con carne and chilli sauce.

Seriously, sometimes I am confounded by the machinations of the Workaholics brain.

Tonight he stumbled wandered in at 10:15pm holding a box of Harry's Cafe De Wheels chilli dogs.  I should mention we live a good 25 - 30 minutes from the nearest van.

I had no idea he was going to be late until he obviously was.

I had no phone call from him today.

So, when I asked him where he had been, the answer was:

"I went to lunch, but I got you a chilli dog."

Oh well then, no problem.

Seriously, is there any situation where the presentation of a chilli dog makes a positive from a negative?  In my humble opinion the answer is NO and EWWW!

To date this would have to be the weirdest apology, and yes I use that word very loosely, that I have ever received.

Have you ever had a weirder offering?  Or am I just inordinately hard to please?

But, did you notice I totally ignored the specific fact that lunch went for around 10 hours?  It was noted and will be discussed at a later date.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know, I kinda think it's romantic. It's Harry's afterall...! x

    PS - Hi! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maxabella! I must say it was thoughtful, kinda anyway! Been slack answering comments. Sorry! Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read them all and try very hard to reply.