Nuffnang

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Been Mentally AWOL this week

But I am back!

I started selling Avon a couple of months ago, via a very odd set of coincidences and my first 2 campaigns led to pretty good sales without me doing too much about it.  I mean I'm not going to get rich off it but I will get my own products for a cheaper price and have found a few friends who love the stuff and even picked up a couple of customers via brochure drops.

Anyway the current campaign finishes tomorrow and I suddenly realised on Thursday evening that I had not done a thing about distributing the brochure or even delivering a couple of the last campaigns orders, so I had no orders!  The weather and my mood had really conspired against me doing any kind of sales techniques to find new business.  So I sat down and sorted the brochures into bags with an order form and filled in the day I would pick and when the brochure was valid till and then on Friday the Munchkin and I did a drop in one single street in my territory.  I felt much more positive about myself for going for the walk and for doing something to seek sales.  Anyway the Little Man, the Munchkin and I walked around and picked up the brochures yesterday and alas no orders but in the mean time I had managed to deliver the orders I had here and each of these customers had given me orders for the current campaign.  I have just done a preliminary order and amazingly even with my brain and the weather conspiring against me, I have managed to increase my sales again!

It's given me the mental pick me up I needed.  Now obviously the gorgeous Sydney winter weather has helped, but it has really made me remember that I need to get off my butt and make things happen.

I've made lots of plans for the rest of the week.  Let's see just how I go!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't been having the best of times.
    Good news on increasing sales. I usually forget to even look if someone leaves a catalogue in my letterbox.
    I'll think more carefully about the person who leave sit next time.
    At least you get good exercise too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read them all and try very hard to reply.