Nuffnang

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Online Shopping Champion of the World

Yesterday I did 95% of my Christmas Shopping.  The only reason it was not 100% was that the Lego I want is out of stock everywhere online, but is available at Target, which I can do very early tomorrow morning before anyone else gets out and I need a trip to Bunnings for my Dads gift, which I will second the task to the Workaholic who love Bunnings and last minute Christmas shopping.

Online Shopping Champion of the World.  That's me.

Target and Bunnings will be done by Saturday evening at the latest and I am DONE.

If I forgot you, then tough titties because I am not doing ANYMORE.  I refuse.

My groceries are already booked in to be delivered on Christmas Eve as usual.  I am ready.

Did you guess? I hate shopping and Christmas Shopping in particular.

I don't understand the madness that prevails out in Shopping Centres across the world.  You can see it in their eyes.  If they ever had manners they are gone in the search for the perfect gift.  Argey Bargey reigns supreme.

Don't get me started on the carpark.  Those people who sit, blocking the way waiting for someone who may or may not be leaving. The ones who get nasty when someone drives out in front of you as you are innocently cruising around, thereby giving you a poll position spot (not my fault the parking angels tend to answer my kids requests).  Damaging cars on purpose because of some perceived injustice.  Please, people, GET A LIFE!

 
I fully expect at least one report of this... image from here

What's your position on Christmas Shopping?  Are you all about the experience or like me an online devotee?

Joining in with Jess at Diary of  Stay at Home Mum for her Tuesday Bloggers link up.


4 comments:

  1. I haven't really gotten into the online thing, partly because we have no online option in my town for groceries. Christmas doesn't bother me too much, but that's because I'm in a small town, but I do know the Christmas shopping gets a bit much for me when we go away to the city. Most of the time I try to get as much as I can done ahead of time so it doesn't creep up on me and end up costing the earth. But this year I've been a bit slack. Fortunately I don't have to worry about the food this year though, because baby #2 is due Christmas Eve so my family are doing it all this year and I have been told to simply turn up and eat (if I can) which is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas shopping, but I insist in finishing it by the first of December, which I did (except for three tiny presents.) we only have one major shopping centre in Darwin, so it gets crazy busy right before Christmas.

    This year though, I have done quite a bit of online shopping, because there are so many more and not to mention, cheaper options. I'm particularly enjoying all the alrcels showing up, though I hope they get here in time.

    Thanks so much for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Detest it! My local shopping centre is busy enough at the best of times, but an absolute nightmare at Christmas.

    I did most of my shopping online this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Sam! I'm sticking to my quest to buy online (mostly)... but so far have only bought one! I'd better hurry up or nothing will arrive by the big day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read them all and try very hard to reply.